Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

Default AT&T DSL

In sci.electronics.repair wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:54:31 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , micky
escribió:

Well it was no placebo. I'd measured my speed a dozen times on a
website that does that before I changed the wire; and I measure it a
dozen times after I changed the wire, and it was consistent before and
consistent afterwards.

That's entirely possible. You changed untwisted wire for twisted pair
wire. Twisted pair cancels out interference, so I can well believe you
saw an increase in your DSL sync speed.

Nope. After a mile of crappy phone company, ten feet of more crap
isn't going to matter.

Sure it is. Do you understand what twisted-pair is? And why it's
necessary?

The "mile of crappy phone company" wire is twisted pair for a reason.
I'd suggest you learn something about RF signal propagation, which is
what we're discussing for DSL.

Jerry