Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Metal porch versus wood porch cover

On Monday, August 26, 2013 7:23:34 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
During one of the power cuts, someone decided to

leave his generator on all night. I wasn't all

that pleased. It was tempting to go do some thing

impolite to his generator.

I do my best to run only at reasonable hours.

Being considerate.

In the case of your customer, wasn't the generator

itself noisy? Would that be loud in the house?

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

I had a customer who owned a single cylinder stationary genset installed

in his basement with the exhaust going through the wall.

It was still quite noisy outside so I went to my pal who ran a muffler

shop and got him to make an extension pipe with a glasspack muffler

which added to the existing muffler brought the sound level way down

to a nonirritating tone. His neighbor's really appreciated it. ^_^

TDD

They are loud, but it beats the heat that we have in Texas.

I told him today to consider some kind of cover for the generator itself.

He would not want rain getting on it.

Putting in some fiberglass mats may help with sound reduction in addition to a muffler and/or glass pack.

It's about 8700 watts of output.

Andy