Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Hacking a Denon RCD M35DAB, CD of 2006, so far so good

I guess I kind of missed the point of replacing a Sanyo laser with a used
Sony.

Bad idea - be surprised if you ever get it to work right, at least with
any acceptable combination of parts cost and time/effort.

'nuff said.

Mark Z.

Me too. A Sanyo laser is not a Sony laser. Not a 213C or a B or a D or an E
or an F or a CL or, or ...

I'm not sure that I follow the purpose of all this anyway. It can't possibly
be a cost issue, as the common Sanyo lasers are as cheap as the Sonys - that
is a few quid. And if that is still too much money for the owner, then he
should be sent on his way, Denon under his arm, and boot on his arse ...

If you charge him realistically for the time you are spending trying to make
this bodge - and in my opinion, it *is* an unprofessional bodge, then that
must come to more than the cost of buying the laser and the ten minutes
needed to fit it. And if you are not charging him realistically, well, what
more to be said ... ?

Arfa