Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Gravel ?

In article , The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 28/08/2013 09:02, Tim Watts wrote:
On Wednesday 28 August 2013 08:46 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I want to make some of my garden maintence free.

What size gravel should I use 10mm or 20mm ?

I have heard that the 10mm is particually prone to letting weeds grow
Jim G

Gravel sucks appearance wise and gets everywhere (esp 10mm) -

Can you afford some funky chippings? For some reason the 30-40mm size
seem less prone to problems. And you can use different colours.

People make four basic errors with gravel.

10mm is more like shingle & migrates. 20mm is & looks much better. You
need 'edges' all round to stop migration. You need at least 40mm depth.

you missed: it is almost impossible to cycle over.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18