Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Gravel ?

In article ,
Jim.G1SSO writes
I want to make some of my garden maintence free.

What size gravel should I use 10mm or 20mm ?

I have used 20mm for a few jobs and it works and looks fine, a softer
and more subdued look than chippings. No need to but washed, that's what
rain or a hose is for.

For small to moderate amounts I have bought from B&Q in 25kg bags for
about 2quid a bag and on a recent buy they were doing a 25% odd discount
on purchases of 10 bags or over making it closer to bulk bag prices.
Also easier to cart 30 bags through a house with no side access than to
crane over a bulk bag.

You'll be wanting about 40mm depth for reasonable coverage, work out the
required weight by calculating volume and figuring on 1.5tonnes per
cubic metre.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .