Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Gravel ?

On 28/08/2013 08:46, Jim.G1SSO wrote:
I want to make some of my garden maintence free.

What size gravel should I use 10mm or 20mm ?

I have heard that the 10mm is particually prone to letting weeds grow

Larger stones are less prone to being used as a cat litter tray. My cats
won't even walk on the 20mm chippings on parts of my garden. As for
weeds, if you have a weed control membrane, they only grow in wind blown
dirt that lodges in the stones. I don't know whether one size is more
prone to that than another, but IME, you need to lift the stones and
sieve out the dirt every few years to stop weeds.

Colin Bignell