Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Metal porch versus wood porch cover

wrote:
On Friday, August 23, 2013 6:07:08 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Concerning your belief that I don't know what I am doing.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

If you knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be referring to a patio roof as a "cover,"

Have you DAGS for Patio Covers recently?

and you wouldn't be asking for construction tips on this newsgroup.

Do you know what a.h.r stands for? With all of the OT stuff that ends up in
this newsgroup, an actual construction question is a welcome sight.

You also wouldn't be spouting random BS about generators that have
nothing to do with the subject at hand.

The OP does seem to toss random comments into his posts, but he did
eventually connect the generator's noise with a question as to whether or
not that might factor into the patio cover's construction. One could argue
that there are ways to build the cover that would "muffle" the noise from
the generator or perhaps something could be built around the generator as
part of the project - something which might impact the construction of the
cover itself.