Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Need advice on emergency bent trumpet horn repair

On Monday, August 19, 2013 5:05:05 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The kid can take it to school and get another one. Problem solved.

I don't know what affluent, well-funded school district you live in but most schools don't just give out musical instruments to students.

If your kid wants to play an instrument, you lease it for the school year through a company that's contracted by the school, or you go out and buy one from a music store or off craigslist.

Likely, this trumpet is OWNED by the kid's parents. There is no "give it back and they'll give you a new one."

This is a GREAT time to teach the kid a lesson about personal responsibility. Send the trumpet home with him and make him own up to damaging it. Helping him hide this from his parents is sending him the wrong message and teaching him bad behavior.

Luckily trumpets are cheap. They ought to be able to find a good used one at a music store or on craigslist, or get this one fixed.

I'm sure a good music store could get the trumpet fixed good as new for not much $$$.

Whatever it costs, make the kid work it off.

Whaever you do QUIT HELPING HIM HIDE IT, and the rest of you quit encouraging him to help this kid LIE to his parents.