Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Jan Panteltje Jan Panteltje is offline

Default Looking for a Low Cost On Delay Timer

On a sunny day (Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:29:54 -0700) it happened "Guv Bob"
wrote in
:

"Guv Bob" wrote in message =
om...
Names can be confusing, so here's what I'm doing....

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7434/wvm.gif

When 12VDC is applied to the input, I need a 12VDC output for 5 seconds. =
Then output will go back off and stay off until the input goes to zero. =
Then cycle starts again.

The reason I did not reply with a ciruit or whatever is
that your logic is false.

You say: 'until', that means the output goes active again.
Then you say : 'cycle starts again',
but that cycle is not the same now (starts active).

First, for yourself, work out the correct logic.
Then you already have the solution,
probably from stuff you have laying about.