Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charles F Charles F is offline

Default A rather disturbing website...

I'm on a fixed IP, and the website gives an almost central London location,
whereas I'm actually in SW Surrey some 40 miles away. It did get my ISP
(Zen) right. Looks as though it can give you the country OK, but not much
more.

Charles F

This site wont hurt, but it will tell you, possibly rather too exactly
(it certainly knew which exchange I was on ADSL wise, and I'd still like
to know how) where you are located.

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php

I have a /29 subnet at home, the checker thinks I'm in Kettering which it
thinks is in Nottinghamshire, map shows Corby. In reality I'm a few miles
south of Leicester.