Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Metal porch versus wood porch cover

My Dad had a Honda that was fairly quiet. The muffler
was half inch pipe thread, so he used galvanized pipe
to extend the muffler out about a foot, which helped
in that application. Still noisy enough.

I think a vented noise box is a good idea, with a
bathroom exhaust fan to pull cool air in the bottom.

Me, when the power is out I run my generator an hour
in the Am, and an hour before bedtime. No reason to
have it sucking gasoline all day.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/25/2013 7:51 PM, Andy wrote:
What does a generator have to do with what type of roof will be used for

the patio cover?

The generator may be hooked up for a week.
I thought that would be a consideration in the design of the cover.
Those things are very noisy and maybe a cover for it by itself with some sound insulation.
I have seen plans for adding a car muffler to a generator.
I heard that 3 8x8x10' would be sufficient for the 20 ft. run.

Andy