Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Self-testing Telephone Line

rOn 25 Aug 2013 10:54:18 GMT, Huge wrote:

We've had years of intermittent faults with successions of visits reported
"no fault found". I've never been charged for anything. And wouldn't
pay even if we were.

For many years BT only ever charged if the subscriber had done
something really crass and very few callouts resulted in charges being
raised. Since the line and repair element became Openreach and
available to other service suppliers than BT that has changed
considerably. Especially so in the last 12 months where "no fault
found" visits now often generate a charge.