Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Recycling

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"tim....." wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

On 23/08/2013 11:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:

I'd send a bill to your council for the time you spend sorting your
rubbish, a task you already pay them for.

Rubbish. If you want them to do it, they'll have to charge more.

Not necessarily. Mixed recycling results in a significantly larger
volume of materials being recycled. Many councils argue that the
resulting higher income more than covers the additional cost of
sorting it.

If I have an empty bottle or plastic drinks bottle in my mitt, how
hard is it to put it in the right container?

If I had that many different containers, I would have to walk outside
to the bin area in my garden to use them. With mixed recycling I can
simply have one extra bin indoors.

I have mixed recycling. I referred to a blue bin in an earlier post and
that is where most stuff goes. SWMBO puts it in the utility room and I
take it out from there. I really don't see the problem (assuming you
have room for the bins).

therein is the problem, for lots of people

Then they should be whinging to their Districk Councillor to get the waste
collection policy modified for such properties. That is what their DC is
there for.

you think that people in unsuitable properties haven't complained about the
impracticability of storing the bins?

and do you think that it make a jot of difference to council policy?

tim

--
Tim

"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed,