Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a shallow parabolic reflector using hand tools?

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:23:33 -0400, William Bagwell
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 06:18:24 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Hell! I'd probably go to jail for doing such today, but when I was about
15, I made a "solar timer" that would ignite something at a particular
time of day (albeit only if the sun shone). THAT took some planning!
You can't just move the sun to test your aiming point!

A bit less planning and you have a one year timer. Plenty of time to make a get
away

Solar fired cannon have been around a very long time

http://www.pixgrove.com/2012/12/solar-cannon.html

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013