Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Recycling

On 24/08/2013 10:08, tim..... wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 23/08/2013 17:35, Tim Streater wrote:

Ours is in paper so it can be composted. Which it all is and then sold.
In fact the council gives us an even smaller grey bin for indoor
collection of food waste, but we don't see the point of that - just take
it straight out to the proper bin after wrapping it in paper.

New rules coming in soon for us:

"Due to government guidance we are no longer able to accept food waste
wrapped in newspaper, paper bags or kitchen roll. Please either use
the compostable caddy liners or tip the food in loose."

(And any bags must have the right symbol on them.)

Garden waste will no longer allow any food/kitchen waste.

I do wonder whether a windfall apple is food waste or garden waste?
(Whether it fell in the tree owner's garden or over the fence for
those who read u.l.m.)

a windfall apple is garden waste and may go in you garden waste bin

a bought apple gone rotten because you stupidly didn't eat it in time is
domestic refuse and may not go in your garden waste bin.

Though I'm not sure why councils have a problem with this as nowadays
most council charge extra for garden waste collection (if yours doesn't
it will soon) and domestic waste collection is free

tim

Unless I leave the little labels on the apples, how would they know
where the apple came from?

--
Rod