Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Recycling

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

On 23/08/2013 11:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:

I'd send a bill to your council for the time you spend sorting your
rubbish, a task you already pay them for.

Rubbish. If you want them to do it, they'll have to charge more.

Not necessarily. Mixed recycling results in a significantly larger volume
of materials being recycled. Many councils argue that the resulting
higher income more than covers the additional cost of sorting it.

If I have an empty bottle or plastic drinks bottle in my mitt, how
hard is it to put it in the right container?

If I had that many different containers, I would have to walk outside to
the bin area in my garden to use them. With mixed recycling I can simply
have one extra bin indoors.

I have mixed recycling. I referred to a blue bin in an earlier post and
that is where most stuff goes. SWMBO puts it in the utility room and I
take it out from there. I really don't see the problem (assuming you have
room for the bins).

therein is the problem, for lots of people

tim