Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Recycling

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2013-08-23, Andrew May wrote:
On 23/08/2013 13:38, John Williamson wrote:

I reckon I must spend all of a minute extra per week making sure that
stuff goes into the right bin of the four supplied.

But if there are 20m households in the UK that is the equivalent to 173
man-years of extra work per year. I know it is only a small amount on an
individual basis but if they can use that sort of calculation to show
that everybody's TV standby consumes a LOT of electricity then surely it
works both ways,

Good point, although it's the principle I object to. There are shedloads
of things that businesses now expect the customer to do, which used to
be done by them, and it ****es me off;

well that's caused by the race to the bottom on "headline" pricing.

And companies that didn't play the game found that they lost customers as
there aren't enough who are prepared to "pay" for the better service. So
they all had to follow the pack

tim