Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Recycling

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:54:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

No bin in the kitchen, no sorting, no composting anything once it has come into
the house, just a carrier bag, tied up and dumped in the dustbin that takes
maybe six weeks to fill. Aluminium cans get crushed flat and dumped in a
bucket, when its full it gets weighed in. Can't be arsed to recycle anything
else but plastic bottles, that bin gets emptied once a year . With the majority
of my waste going to landfill I feel I am doing my bit for future
archaeologists.