Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Recycling

On 24/08/2013 07:43, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:23:29 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan wrote:

BTW I understand polystyrene is easy to re-cycle but isn't because EU targets are set by weight.

About 3 years ago the council said that we could recycle yoghurt pot but not
polystyrene. At that time the pots I had were labelled PS!
Still, I have been told by more than one person that pots, rigid boxes etc,
aren't PS because PS is white and crumbly.

Expanded polystyrene isn't easy to auto separate after its crumbled,
which is does as soon as its put in the bin.
It clings to everything as you may have noticed.