Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Recycling

On 23/08/2013 13:56, stuart noble wrote:
Sorting waste should be done by your council.

Thus spake the late Andy Hall who proposed billing the council for his
time, which he hinted would have been extremely costly because he was
such a VIP.
The idea of jumbling everything up and having some poor sod go through
it because you can't be bothered is positively anti-social

It may be fine to sort it all if you live in a big house, but our
kitchen has room for one bin. Even that means that if my wife is at the
fridge, I can't get through between the bin and her - which seems to
happen very frequently - and that is the only location for it as that is
the only wall space that is not covered by a cupboars, appliance or
door. The net result is that the items that need to be sorted separately
end up hanging in carrier bags from the cupboard doors. We do it, but it
makes the kitchen look a permanent mess; gets in the way when you want
something from the cupboards and they are always falling off as you bump
against them. It may save money to sort in the home, but there are real
downsides to it.

SteveW