Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Recycling

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

I used to know a bloke who lives in the south.
He once told me that they have to wrap the food waste up in newspaper
and then put it in the bin. To me this seems to be begging for flies,
maggots and horrible smells.

How can flies get in if the bin is locked? We have a small grey bin for
this purpose and it's collected once a week. As the food waste *is*
wrapped up in paper that makes it harder for flies anyway, even if the
lid were open (which it's not).

We put the food waste in sealed plastic bags and then in the bin.

Ours is in paper so it can be composted. Which it all is and then sold.
In fact the council gives us an even smaller grey bin for indoor
collection of food waste, but we don't see the point of that - just
take it straight out to the proper bin after wrapping it in paper.

And we only put meat/fish/catfood waste in that anyway. All vegetable
scraps we compost ourselves.

Food wrapped in newspaper rotting and stinking for two weeks. I think
not.

**** me, you need new glasses. What part of "it's collected weekly" is too
hard for you to understand?

Yours may be, the bloke I was referring to has a two week collection.
Sorry to confuse you, I should have made myself clearer.
Do you really have to wrap stinking cat **** in paper?