Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Recycling

On Friday, August 23, 2013 4:31:33 PM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 23 Aug 2013 14:14:47 GMT, Huge wrote:

And people think this "zillions of bins" stuff is easy.

It really does depend on your local council and available space.

Those ones with four or five wheelie bins per household plus an equal

number of other containers in a normal urban 3 bed semi setting are

just plain stupid. Not enough space outside for the bins, not enough

space inside to store the stuff before shoving it in the appropiate

bin.

Ours seems to hit the balance about right, one wheelie bin for garden

waste, one box for glass/metal, one strong reuseable bag for

paper/card another for hard plastic. Single use blue bag for

everything else.

We have a wheelie bin for rubbish (for us a carrier bag a week), a wheelie bin for re-cycling: rigid plastic, glass, paper card, metal, and an optional third bin for composting. I am pleased with it.

BTW I understand polystyrene is easy to re-cycle but isn't because EU targets are set by weight.

Jonathan