Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What an idiot

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:24:59 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I remember when it was common to have toddlers in reins.

Both of ours had reins for a short while. Probably no longer than 12
months, if that, from around 18 months when they had figured out how
to walk reliably and could do so for a reasonable distance. They
where also clipped into the push chair to stop 'em escaping without
warning.

You do still see toddlers in reins or with a springy plastic wire
wrist strap between toddler and parent.

But I suppose it cramps the little darling's style and leaves them
marked for life.

Not half as cramped or as marked for life that a tonne+ of steel at
30 mph will do to 'em...

--
Cheers
Dave.