Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What an idiot

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:47:28 +0100, Scott M wrote:

But short of tying them down they have independent movement and pop up
in unexpected places.

Which is precisely why small children either need to be supervised
*all* the time in a "dangerous enviroment" or removed from it.

When I was 4, I ran towards the running prop of an aeroplane.

No.1 Daughter tried to run across a road for no apparent reason, with
out warning and near parked cars about that age. I got a hand onto
her shoulder and I think must have picked her up with that single
grip and deposited her back on the pavement at least a couple of feet
back. Daft thing is she *knew* the road was dangerous, she *knew* how
to cross safely. Young kids are totally unpredictable, curious and
fearless.

--
Cheers
Dave.