Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Raised patio

"Jon Connell" wrote in message
I currently have a 90cm high run of steps running across the back of the
house going down into the garden to a ground-level patio. The steps are
bonkers steep, been left to go to hell with weathering and the patio looks
like crap anyway. So, the wife-approved plan is a raised patio to the height
of the initial step more or less like this:

http://www.colonialstone.com/index.p...mage_full/125/

The final area of the patio is quite large at 5x8 metres so I thought maybe
concrete beams and blocks. They're pretty cheap and it would mean the new
patio was very even and I could build a very slight slope for water to run
off. I guess plan B would be filling the curtain wall with hardcore, but I
do like the idea of learning to use some new materials.

Thoughts or counter suggestions anyone?

Jon
A lot depends on access. Ify ou can get a tipper truck in there you could
get fill for a "curtsin wall" for free. Around 60 tons? =Four six wheel
lorry loads.

I would consider decking.