Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Connell[_3_] Jon Connell[_3_] is offline

Default Raised patio

I currently have a 90cm high run of steps running across the back of the house going down into the garden to a ground-level patio. The steps are bonkers steep, been left to go to hell with weathering and the patio looks like crap anyway. So, the wife-approved plan is a raised patio to the height of the initial step more or less like this:

http://www.colonialstone.com/index.p...mage_full/125/

The final area of the patio is quite large at 5x8 metres so I thought maybe concrete beams and blocks. They're pretty cheap and it would mean the new patio was very even and I could build a very slight slope for water to run off. I guess plan B would be filling the curtain wall with hardcore, but I do like the idea of learning to use some new materials.

Thoughts or counter suggestions anyone?

Jon