Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W[_3_] Larry W[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical question (I know this is a WW forum)

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
(Larry W) wrote in :

I guess we can agree to disagree here. To me, the 2 120 volt conductors
are in phase, just at equal and opposite polarity at any given time.

But that is *by definition* out of phase.

Well, if that is your definition then you may as well say that any pair
of wires carrying current to a load in an AC circuit are 180d out of phase.
Makes just as much sense, no need to complicate things by bringing
up edison circuits or center-tapped transformers.

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)