Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

Default diy projects to do.

In article , SteveW
wrote:
On 17/08/2013 17:20, happy zombie jebus on the cross
wrote:

i will be doing all this with the aid of my 'helpers',
my twin sons, 9, (one has adhd and one has adhd and
autims (like me)) as my old man had me help him when i
was a nipper and i'd rather they learn to do things for
themselves than pay someone to do something they should
be able to do for themselves.

I am trying to do this with my sons, but I find it very
difficult as I have to actively resist just taking over
- I also struggle with adults if I can see that I can do
it better/quicker or just through hating standing doing
nothing.

The eldest (10 yesterday) has been very useful for
sending under the floor to thread various cables through
(I struggle due to bad knees and the gap being to small
to even get into a proper crawling position).

We've no chimneys to clean though

SteveW

Started stripping the tiles (traditional Roman/French) from
one of the badly leaking shed roofs this morning. Did the
first few feet and then 14 yr and 12 yr old grandsons took
over after I showed them 'how not to fall through'

Went off to the village for some bread and a coffee and when
I got back it was almost all done!

John M

--
John Mulrooney

I bet being with gamblers anonymous will work this time