Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default New here - first lathe

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 20:43:38 -0700, "tdacon"
wrote:

Welcome to the world of rotary addiction....
My name is Mac and I'm a woodturner...

Good starter lathe, be careful and have fun....

New here, just got my first lathe - a funky old Craftsman, looks like it was
from back in the day when Craftsman tools were still pretty good (I'm a
woodworker and I know whereof I speak).

Round tube, maybe 36", Morse #1, motor sitting behind it with five-position
pulleys and a loosey-goosey belt that you can move easily to adjust the
speed. It doesn't seem to have been abused - the plates and all the decals
are still on it, wonder of wonders, but the belt guard has been removed and
discarded or lost, as you would expect on an old citizen like this.

Came with a miscellaneous selection of turning tools, a few gouges and
skews, a couple parting tools and a scraper or two. Live center, keyed
chuck, arbor for polishing wheels. Pretty well turned out, but no face
plate. We'll go ahead and use it pretty much as-is for a small upcoming
project, but when winter sets in I look forward to sprucing it up.

Here are the numbers. Ring any bells?

Model: 113.23801
Serial: 0219.P0073

Best regards,