asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

What about the other idea that I repeat he

Filing down the existing male thread to the maximum possible smooth diameter, let say it is M7 (I think it is going to be around M7) and then rethreading the male end to M7 using an M7 die from my tap and die set

Laser 4554 Metric Tap & Die Set 110pc

Then drill a hole into the second ball of the paper holder and tap an M7 thread into it?

Since the original ball will have the hole facing the wall it will not be noticed at all.

I understand that since I have reduced the male thread it will not be as strong but, it should be good enough for a number of years.

Question

Will I need to file down the worn out male thread to a very precise, smooth and centered cylindrical shape?