asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_2_] View Post
On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:28:37 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

Boggle! How did you wear it out?

Quite. Once in place nothing needs to unscrew on a regular basis
unless the design is wrong. ie the gap between inner face of ball on
the end of the arm and wall is too small to a allow a standard full
bog roll to simply slide on.

The other possibilty is that it's been installed the wrong way up so
the weight of the bog roll tends to unscrew the standoff bar from the
joint ball.

As for paying £160 for it, boggle again. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

That particular Waterfront toilet paper holder looks and feels really good and solid.

It is heavy and it is unavoidable that over the years and given the high leverage any impact at the end of the holder could have over tightened the thread.

I installed once a cheaper towel ring and the plating rusted away in no time.

It is expensive though, I agree. Thus the interest in the repair (and the fun of learning about tapping metal).

Last edited by asalcedo : August 16th 13 at 11:27 PM