Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default what is a good garbage disposal for stainless steel sinks?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/14/2013 6:44 PM, NMHQ in LA wrote:
Heard that stainless steel sinks cannot sustain heavy garbage disposals
and may make the disposal more noisy. I am considering either a
InSinkErator Evolution Compact which is listed at 20 pounds or a
WasteKing L3300 that is spec at 12.4 pounds. Both are 3/4 HP which is
fine for our needs. I'm wondering if the sink can withstand the 20
pound
InSinkErator weight. Sink is 16 gauge thick. Any experiences on mounting
and noise considerations?

I have a big Kitchen Aid in my SS sink. No problem with weight or
noise. ISE is made by the same parent company and is a good brand also.
No experience with Waste King. Most disposals have easy mount systems
too so installation is not a big deal

Hi,
After 20 years I had to replace ISE one with direct replacement newer SS
one 3/4 HP. Dual SS sink has sound deadening foam spray coated
underneath. I did not have to remove mounting hardware, untwist,
drop old one, after moving wire to the new one, twist and install. Done
in less than an hour. I called ISE customer support in the middle of
night a woman answered right away, when I asked direct replacement
current model giving my model no. of old one she ave ganswers right
away. What a service talking to warm body w/o waiting.