Posted to alt.home.repair
NMHQ in LA NMHQ in LA is offline

Default what is a good garbage disposal for stainless steel sinks?

Heard that stainless steel sinks cannot sustain heavy garbage disposals
and may make the disposal more noisy. I am considering either a
InSinkErator Evolution Compact which is listed at 20 pounds or a
WasteKing L3300 that is spec at 12.4 pounds. Both are 3/4 HP which is
fine for our needs. I'm wondering if the sink can withstand the 20 pound
InSinkErator weight. Sink is 16 gauge thick. Any experiences on mounting
and noise considerations?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ks-759452-.htm