Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Application Just Came In...

A good customer of mine just sent in a request for a few drills and tappers.

They want to drill and tap in a single stroke (DRAP) and are doing so in
Aluminum.

It's tough because of the thickness of the material and the fact that
each unit has to perform a two hole process. ...Yes, two drilled holes
and two tapped holes, one stroke.

....We can do it. A quick example of a single spindle DRAP operation can
be seen he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czK0f-R5dVQ

All I need from the customer at this point to generate a quote is:

1. Cut tap or roll form tap?

2. C-C of the two hole patterns?

3. He requested four. ...Is that four units or four holes? The partial
drawing (PNG and STEP format) I received shows four holes total, but it
also shows a part that is used in the quantity of four on his final product.

4. Are the machines going to be manually run or controlled by a PLC, etc.

5. What direction will the process take place in? Vertical down,
Horizontal, etc.

Per Mr. Gardner's request, I have now shared some of my metalworking
stuff with you. May the conversations commence!

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.