Huge

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com writes:
Essjay001 wrote:

What amazes me is that we have to insure each person to drive a car. I used
to live in the Middle East (Sultanate of OMAN) in 2000. I bought a new car,
a MATIZ only £3000. I insured the 'car' for about £100 fully comp. That
insurance meant the car was insured. Anyone who had a valid licence and my
permission could drive it on that insurance. A UK licence was legally valid.
All insurance in the UK is a total rip off which is why so many people drive
with out it.

ISTR that when I first started driving (actually riding m/cycles) that
this was the case here. That would be 1974. Anyone confirm/deny this?

Motorcycle insurance has a number of significant differences from car.
For example, if you own several bikes, it used to be the case that you
could insure all of them for the price of the most expensive, since the
companies acknowledged that you could only ride one at once. This
doesn't apply to cars.