Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Machinist project demonstration ideas needed for threshing shows

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:10:30 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I recall posts from that shop instructor in Connecticut (what was his
name?) about NEMES going to shows and making whistles that were give-aways.

Here we go, kinda: it was Errol Groff who posted. And the NEMES site
has a "WHISTLE plans HERE" box, but with no link. Wait ... I found a
post from Errol on Google Groups with this link:
http://neme-s.org/images/PDF%20Files...nload_page.htm

Bob

....then there were the little trinkets that the boys at the Corning
Glass exhibit at IMTS-82 were making for their visitors of a certain
age -- hash pipes machined from MACOR machineable ceramic.

Not recommended for family events...d8-)

--
Ed Huntress