Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Using crimped bullet connectors for earth continuity

On 12/08/2013 01:01, wrote:

Indeed. These are the 'permanent' type. I have to admit to struggling
a bit these days with the crimping process (my age, no doubt). I
wonder if there's a civilised alternative to those clumping great
ratchet thingies you have to be Popeye to close fully? I know there
are hydraulic types available for thicker cables, but it would be
nifty if something similar were obtainable for the red/blue/yellow
standard as well.

A couple of lengths of appropriately sized tubing to fit over the end of
the handles of the ratchet crimper and extend them a few inches would
do the trick.

--
Cheers,

John.