Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default Alternative to rubber for vibration absorbing?

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 08:22:18 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:28:04 AM UTC+1, cdr wrote:
I bought a "rubber bench block" on ebay, but when I unpacked it, it
really stank and gave me a bad headache. I wanted to experiment by
putting rubber blocks underneath my bed legs, to stop vibrating
floorboards from shaking the bed and waking me up.

Can anyone think of an alternative to rubber please?

carpet pads, a few layers.

The smell will probably disappear after a while.

That means a new bed, surely?