Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] orion.osiris@virgin.net is offline

Default Using crimped bullet connectors for earth continuity

On Sunday, 11 August 2013 18:05:32 UTC+2, Tim Watts wrote:

I do not see any probem with properly made crimps - a proper crimp will NOT

pull apart. It may pull apart if you use a crap halfords set of "scissor"

crimps though.

Er, bullet connectors are *supposed* to be pull-apartable and I'm concerned they may do so accidentally thereby disconnecting the earth.

One you get to main earth connections, likelihood is you will be out of

standard insulated crimps and into larger uninsulated crimps.

What is the conductor size and what type of earth are you proposing to

crimp?

230V motor grounding, 2.5mm^2 x-section earth wire. For the purposes of this temporary lash-up, I'm using the blue connectors. They ARE crimped properly, but It just doesn't seem right somehow to make this arrangement permanent.