Posted to uk.d-i-y
steve steve is offline

Default Using crimped bullet connectors for earth continuity

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:05:32 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On Sunday 11 August 2013 16:45 wrote in
uk.d-i-y:

I'm guessing this is not kosher on the basis the connection can be
quite easily pulled apart? Are there any regs on the subject? (groan
like there's NOT going to be!)

ta.

I do not see any probem with properly made crimps - a proper crimp will
NOT pull apart. It may pull apart if you use a crap halfords set of
"scissor" crimps though.

One you get to main earth connections, likelihood is you will be out of
standard insulated crimps and into larger uninsulated crimps.

What is the conductor size and what type of earth are you proposing to
crimp?

The crimps are OK, but for something safety critical like an earth, I'd
not want easily detachable (tool-less) connections to it!

I think electrical earths require a continuous conductor between the
earth bar and clamps etc.,