Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Identification for onboard switch needed (Receiver Pioneer A-331)

On 08/10/2013 08:59 PM, Rheilly Phoull wrote:
On 09/08/13 23:11, dave wrote:
On 08/08/2013 04:34 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 9/08/2013 8:19 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Trevor Wilson"

**Dismantle the switches and clean with De-OxitT.

** Stupid, wrong advice.

De-Oxit = Cramolin = snake oil.

.... Phil

**Try using the stuff sometime. It does what it is claimed to do.
Naturally, the spray stuff is useless, but the type that you paint on,
leave for a few minutes and wipe off works very well indeed. Switches I
treated many years ago have long outlasted new replacements.

I spray it onto cotton swabs and stick that into noisy jacks. I hesitate
to use it on pots, but will try if I can't get them to quiet down with
my loop of string wrapped around the shaft, so I can vigorously work it,
so to speak.

Would that process increase the wearing out of the pot ??

No. Single turn pots (good ones) clean themselves as they are used. If
they have sat up for a while they obviously did not clean themselves
while on the shelf. I don't remember ever seeing a pot that flat "wore out".