Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Alternative to rubber for vibration absorbing?

On 10/08/2013 20:25, wrote:
On Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:28:04 AM UTC+1, cdr wrote:
I bought a "rubber bench block" on ebay, but when I unpacked it, it really stank and gave me a bad headache. I wanted to experiment by putting rubber blocks underneath my bed legs, to stop vibrating floorboards from shaking the bed and waking me up.

Can anyone think of an alternative to rubber please?

carpet pads, a few layers.

Or Sorbothane sheet - but it isn't cheap.

It might be easier and more effective to screw loose floorboards down.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown