Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OTish Murder

GB wrote:
On 06/08/2013 17:48, ARW wrote:
Adrian wrote:
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:28:27 +0100, harryagain wrote:

The victim is murdered by cutting a car brake line.
Though it was a pre dual circuit car I reckon I would know the
instant I wnet to start the engine there was a fault as I always
put my foot on the brake.

And the great big red warning light for low fluid, which's been a
legal requirement for decades, would also be a hint.

I s'pose you could severely weaken a line - probably a flexi would
be easiest, so that it'd blow at some stage in the very near future
but not immediately.

Back in 2000 I had a 1994 VH Cavalier and a wife with L plates. So I
took her to an unopened bypass for a little practice.

I said that she needed to slow down a little earlier when approaching
roundabouts. She said that she had put her foot down on the brake as
hard as she could and the pedal had gone all the way down.

A split hose to the caliper was the cause.

I did decided not to drive home (7 miles away) but to my parents -
less than two miles away and let the gears and gravity do the
breaking.

Did your parents have a washing machine?

Yes, and they had a car that I was insured to drive.

--
Adam