Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default OTish Murder

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"harryagain" wrote in message
Reading one of SWMBO's crime novels.

The victim is murdered by cutting a car brake line.
Though it was a pre dual circuit car I reckon I would know the instant I
wnet to start the engine there was a fault as I always put my foot on
the brake. Even without that, there are few circumstance wher nor
having a foot brake would kill you.
I can't think of a single way to sabotage a car to guarantee death short
of explosives.

Stupid plot. These authors must be like journalists, thick as ****.

In the old days of black and white movies that was how it was done.

Only the wealthy had cars back then and most people didn't know any
better.
And Roy Rogers could unerringly shoot someone down at fifty yards with his
six shooter.

It happened all the time in Danger Man and The Saint.
I can't remember it happening in Z Cars or Fireball XL5.