Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish Murder

harryagain wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:28:32 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

C5s and C6s change the engine-driven pump to an electric one, which is
triggered as soon as the car's unlocked, to pressurise the suspension
even before the engine's started.
I take it the similar noise I hear on my dizzle C4 is the fuel pump?

Probably. C4s use springs. As, it should be said, do pikey-spec current-
shape C5s. Only the old shape and Exclusive-spec current shape C5s use
hydraulics.

Gs had the fullworks.
Great car only it rusted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_GS#Mechanics

I had four, one after the other, and they all suffered terminal rust in
the same places. The main place was the cross member behind the bumper,
and at the time, spares weren't available. This was a real shame, as
they were only bolted on, and came out so that you could change the
engine and clutch, which only took a few minutes to take out, and the
same to put back.

Great cars, apart from that. I used to regularly cart about half a ton
of coal at a time home in them, and they didn't struggle at all. They
also stuck to the road like sh1t to an army blanket.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.