Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TRAVERS Tool 32% off sale.

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 17:59:45 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I've seen a lot of discussion of this brand on CNCzone.com

I've only scanned them. Like all Asian machines, they are a "work in
progress" and many folks do upgrades to the machine to meet their
needs. I must say for most folks making small parts in their basement,
they seem to be happy with this class of equipment.

I'd feel more comfy buying a Grizzly, like the G0619. It's a 6x21 X3
with a reverse switch on the spider handles for tapping. Pretty cool.
I've had zero problems with 4 other Griz machines. (all woodworking)
Griz seems to have a better fit and finish for the same machine out of
the Red Dragon Machine Tool and Noodle Factory (TM Gunner)

Now, I'm a farmer and need to make serious cuts on large hunks of
steel quickly and accurately. I wouldn't be caught dead with them.

You probably have a helluva lot more room for machines than most of
us, too.

So, it depends on your needs and expectations.

Ayup.

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.