Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Suitable Steel For Home Made Wrenches

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

How about an inexpensive alloy that might be easily heat treatable.

I make custom flat-stock tools from car leaf springs or dull circular
saw blades, annealed and hardened in the wood stove. A carpenter
friend gave me a stack of old blades when he cleaned out his truck.

Cold-rolled sheet is reasonably hard and machinable.

http://www.amazon.com/V8-Tools-Piece...670572-2730838

If you are an alarm wizard, who sells a good, reasonably priced
pan-and-tilt outdoor surveillance camera?

jsw2