Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default OTish Murder

In message , Mentalguy2k8
writes

"Nightjar" wrote in message
m...

I agree that's the law, but suppose I decide to try to kill a person
just by wishing them dead? I might have the intent to kill, but mere bad
thoughts have never been known to work in the past. You reckon I could
be convicted, even though it ought to be laughed out of court?

A slight problem of proving the act in that case. However, if it
could be proven that you did and that you genuinely believed it
possible to kill in that way, you could probably be burned as a witch :-)

It's an interesting question though; if you genuinely believe you can
kill someone just by thinking it, and you tried as hard as you could to
"think them dead" in front of witnesses, what would be the legal
position? You intended to kill them, regardless of the reality of your
"skills".

My guess would be that you'd be sectioned instead of facing charges.

Although you might say what you were thinking there is no proof that you
actually were thinking what you said you were thinking.
My guess is that the DPP would decide it was not in the public interest
to mount a prosecution.
--
bert