Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT, Debit card

Meanie wrote:

You shouldn't need the card numbers, the customer rep can obtain
that
info after he/she ask you the personal questions related to your
account. Ex: Last four digits of your SSN, DOB, Phone number, Home
address, etc. If all they needed was the card number, than any Joe
Schmoe who steals it can make all the required changes and keep it
while
spending your money. Also, if you have to deal with a foreign
accent
other than a southern drawl, I suggest changing your financial
institute.

"basilisk" wrote:

Sure enough I didn't have to have the number, but it would have been
much
less bother to have had it.

Better yet scrap the bloody DEBIT card and replace it with a CREDIT
card (VISA, MC).

Make the bank take responsibility for resolving problems and EARN the
fees they charge.

With a DEBIT card, you have to resolve your own problems.

Lew