Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Backup, backup!

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
..all of which are free and pretty good. But some throwbacks seem
stuck on Outhouse Express still...

That's fine and all. I have some older version software I like to
hang onto as well, but then I generally don't have conflicts running
them on XP, either. If I did, either XP or the software has to go.
Generally it's easier for the latter to go. But then why aren't you
on at least Win 7? I mean XP is only THREE OS versions behind
w/Micro$not dropping support for it next year.

I still use XP on several systems and will continue to do so, but from
here on out, I only use XP on POS systems I sell/set up as they're
operated as 'closed' systems only, with internet access extremely
limited/locked down, so there is no need to keep them in a perpetual
'OS upgrade loop'.

I use XP or Linux and dont have a machine running on anything else in
the house, nor is it on my agenda.

All I plan on running is XP except for a couple of older laptops that have
win 98 on them. I need that so I can boot to dos from time to time to run
some programs that set up other equipment. The softwear will either not run
on XP or the other machines are too fast for the softwear.
I am also stuck on OE as it meets my needs.

I don't do anything that the other operating sustems will do for me. As
long as the operating system will load in the programs I run, that is all I
need.